By ‘this’ I don’t mean the early morning coffee and rusk stops with picturesque sand forest vistas. Nor the late night fireside chatter, feasting on fillet, jacket potatoes, home-made breads and roasted butternuts from the fire while the powerful roaring of resident lions soothes away all life’s cares. I mean the quick-and-easy-to-make, scrumptiousness colloquially known as Leonard’s Dessert. For those who miss it, and those who have never tried, below is the step-by-step procedure needed to whip this wonder up in a heart beat. Use it to impress friends and family alike.
Ingredients for Leonard’s Dessert:
- 1 x pack of tennis biscuits (or approx. 200g of any softish coconut biscuit)
- 1 x can of condensed milk
- 1 litre/1kg of yoghurt (any flavour – I prefer granadilla or apricot)
- 1 small box (80g) of jelly/jello powder (compliment the yoghurt – with granadilla I use pineapple)
Method for Leonard’s Dessert:
- Crush biscuits and layer them as the base in glass container.
- Mix jelly/jello powder with an inch of HOT water and add to the condensed milk and the yoghurt and mix the three together well.
- Gently pour over the biscuit layer and put into fridge until set.
- Enjoy Your Dessert!
NB! Just by changing the yoghurt and jelly combinations, you get a completely different dessert. If you like cheesecake – try vanilla yoghurt with lemon jelly.