Virtual Conservation Course
Our very first online Endangered & Priority Species Conservation & Habitat Management Course launched on 15 June 2020 and has been a great success! This Wildlife ACT accredited course introduces participants to the most up-to-date, in-field conservation techniques and practices.
Our Senior Monitor Megan Hudson introduces important aspects of Wildlife Monitoring, Camera Trapping, Tracking and Spoor, Conservation Management, Capture and Relocation, Wildlife Crime & Illegal Trade and Community Conservation.
With the lockdown and travel bans having resulted in us being unable to currently accept volunteers and students, we have developed this online Conservation Training Course through Teachable Inc. This virtual version of our regular 4 week course in the field, still provides a stepping stone for nature lovers looking to possibly pursue a career in wildlife conservation. It includes a mix of live and pre-recorded classes and all course content and recorded sessions will be available to be completed at your own leisure.
Date: 20 July – 17 August 2020.
Note: We will be running the course each month thereafter, in August, September, October, November and December 2020. Dates TBA.
Duration: 4 Weeks
Platform: Teachable Inc.
Cost: $75 per student, which we will put towards our Keep WildlifeACTive Covid Relief Campaign
Eligibility: To anyone interested in endangered wildlife and habitats, the threats they are facing, and how to protect them.
Exam/Quiz: The course will conclude with an online quiz, with certificates of completion provided.
- Lecture 1 – Wildlife Monitoring Part 1
- Lecture 2 – Wildlife Monitoring Part 2
- Lecture 3 – Camera trapping
- Lecture 4 – Track and sign
- Lecture 5 – Conservation and Habitat Management part 1
- Lecture 6 – Conservation and Habitat Management part 2
- Lecture 7 – Capture and Relocation
- Lecture 8 -Wildlife Crime and Illegal Trade part 1
- Lecture 9 – Wildlife Crime and illegal trade part 2
- Lecture 10 – Community Conservation
- Quiz / Exam content
- Week 1 & 3 consists of 2 pre-recorded online lectures, 1 live Q&A session and 1 quiz.
- Week 2 & 4 consists of 3 pre-recorded online lectures, 1 live Q&A session and 1 quiz.
- This makes up a total of 10 classroom sessions with a Q&A covering each week’s work.