With the international travel restrictions still currently in place, we are pleased to announce that we are accepting South Africans at a significantly reduced rate, under certain criteria. As you may be aware, there is a cost involved in participating with us; the funds we receive from our volunteers/interns are used to cover the running costs of our conservation projects.
Our conservation work has been necessary throughout the entire period of lockdown, and our teams have been working tirelessly. We are therefore excited to offer a reduced rate to South African interns who join us during this period.
WHAT TO BRING:
With this reduction in costs, we ask that you bring a supply of non-perishable food with you, enough to sustain yourself for the duration of your time with us. We will provide you with a list of food items we suggest you bring along, and a list of the basic food items which we will supply.
There will be trips to the closest supermarket every few weeks in order to stock up on fresh produce, but Park Management has requested that all staff living on the reserve limit the number of town trips as much as possible. Understandably, this is in order to avoid the dangers of COVID-19 transmission and the possibility of bringing it back into the Park, which is a closed system.
The food items that you bring with you must be sanitised at home prior to leaving, and packed into a disinfected cooler-box.
- You will need to self-isolate for two weeks before your arrival, once here you will undergo the same regulations as your Monitor – social distancing from any other Park staff, recording your temperature twice a day and regular hand sanitation.
- You will be required to bring your own face-masks (at least two), and a supply of hand sanitiser.
- Ideally and if possible, we would prefer it if you arrived in your own vehicle. We will arrange the necessary gate access for you.
- We will send you two Indemnity Forms which you will need to sign and return to us via email, along with a copy of your ID.
- If you are able to meet the above requirements and would like to join us, please complete the application form and we will gladly send you more information.
We hope to welcome you soon!