With there still being some uncertainty around international travel, we are pleased to offer South Africans a significantly reduced rate to join our projects for January, February and March 2021. As you may be aware, there is a cost involved in participating with us; the funds we receive from our volunteers/interns are used to cover the running costs of our conservation projects. Our conservation work has been necessary throughout the entire period of lockdown, and our teams have been working tirelessly.
WHAT TO BRING:
With this reduction in costs, we ask that you bring a supply of non-perishable food with you, enough to sustain yourself for the duration of your time with us. We will provide you with a list of food items we suggest you bring along, and a list of the basic food items which we will supply.
There will be trips to the closest supermarket every few weeks in order to stock up on fresh produce, but Park Management has requested that all staff living on the reserve limit the number of town trips as much as possible. Understandably, this is in order to avoid the dangers of COVID-19 transmission and the possibility of bringing it back into the Park, which is a closed system.
We request that the food items that you bring with you are sanitised at home prior to leaving, and packed into a disinfected cooler-box.
- You are encouraged to self-isolate for two weeks before your arrival, once here you will undergo the same regulations as your Monitor – social distancing from any other Park staff, recording your temperature twice a day and regular hand sanitation.
- You will be required to bring your own face-masks (at least two), and a supply of hand sanitiser.
- Ideally and if possible, we would prefer it if you arrived in your own vehicle. We will arrange the necessary gate access for you.
- We will send you two Indemnity Forms which you will need to sign and return to us via email, along with a copy of your ID.
- Please see our Stay Safe COVID-19 Protocols
- If you are able to meet the above requirements and would like to join us, please complete the application form and we will gladly send you more information.
We hope to welcome you soon!